Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February Spring



When I was a little girl we had snow in the winter in Atlanta.  Only once.  It was polite snow, it covered everything neatly, then it melted and went away and our winters returned to being mildly chilly staging points for the spring.  And now there is talk of snow plows in the region's budgets, of pickle brine to keep the streets de-iced— Wow! What a change from the charm of the 1950's snow women we made with my Grandmother's cast-off hats!

Today, however, the spring slipped in and brought a 70˚ day!  Maybe a gift, after all the snow, ice, rain, extreme cold?  If so, my thanks for the gift!

2 comments:

Digitalgran said...

Thanks for your comment on DG. This is my first visit to your blog, not that I have a lot of time for visits just now.
I love the way you say 'polite snow'. It fires the imagination :)

Studio 508-Nancy's Place said...

I hope you return for another visit. I ramble on about whatever bubbles to the top of the roil we call our 'retirement,' but it is stitching and how many things can be done with the humblest of embroidery stitches that is most interesting to me.