Thursday, September 15, 2011

Freestyle, September

We were at Jill's house yesterday for our September Freestyle meeting.  The "meeting" was a shower for Cynthia.  Can't believe Little Girl Patrick is due in less than a month!  Pix I took of the party are at our group blog.

Afterwards, Jill invited me to check out her yarn stash.  I had a skein of green wool I was trying to match for a scarf.  She offered some great suggestions, as well as a lot of yarn.  I love "scrappy" scarves, but the truth is that you only need a few yards of an awfully lot of different yarns to pull it off or your work looks unfashionably cobbled together, where the greater variety makes for an over-the-top, lively piece.  As Jill says, "they insist I buy the whole ball.  How inconsiderate."

We went to say goodbye to Bethy today, as she and Jordan left immediately after school for the airport and a flight to Manchester.  Julie and Ethan have been visiting friends and family in England a week already, and I miss them.  They give life such an interesting shape when they are with us.  Charles consoled me by taking me to the yarn shop in Woodstock and buying me a skein of Mango Moon Chakra yarn.  All I can say is that it's best to take comfort where you can find it.

Gee, but it will surely be quiet around here next week!  Guess I'll crochet a lot.  I mean a really, really lot!

No comments: