Sunday, December 7, 2014

Etsy Store

How this came about:  On the Friday after Thanksgiving as I was walking down the hall to the bedrooms, my foot made a terrible and very loud popping noise.  The doctor said it was "probably" a stress fracture, but we wouldn't know until the 22nd when he re-X-rays the mess that is my foot.  In the meantime, my new best friend is The Big Black Boot, knee-high and serious business.

BFF and I have been sitting still a lot since then, and it finally occurred to me that  I've been meaning to open an Etsy Store for years, and now might just be the time.  Today, when I put some thread in the store, I believe I became an Etsy shop keeper and am up and running.

The thread, which is cotton cone thread that weavers use for making soft wearables and household items, became my go-to thread for texture a number of years ago.  It is soft with a small amount of texture to it, and a perfect size for beefing up lines or mixing with other threads in textural work.  I looked at my yarn cabinet one day and realized I could never never in this lifetime use it all up, so I am winding it into 30 yard skeins and seeing if other stitchers like it as much as I.

There are also boxes of stitched work that will gradually move onto the shop walls, but that takes time and a certain amount of mobility to gather all the parts in one place to mount the pieces.  Later.

In the meantime, check out Studio508 on Etsy, if you are shopping there.  The Studio508 shop will probably change a good bit as I move things around in the studio here in Woodstock.  For right now, though, studio changes will have to wait on healing.  I have a good bit of hand-painted fabric that might be nice in the studio, though . . .  Hurry up, foot!  We've got work to do!

*****UPDATE*****  It is, indeed, a fractured heel, and I have been given stern instructions about staying off the foot.  This is the time to practice deep breathing, mindfulness, and to work in my sketchbook(s), a time of ingathering for later work.

Best wishes for the Holidays, be well, and to all my fiber friends, happy stitching!

No comments: