Monday, April 16, 2018

Mandala


It is not easy to draw or paint something that does not interest you, is it?  Mandalas are one of those non-interest subjects with me.  I think that, because they were really BIG when I was a teenager, I saw a little too much of them.  And the symmetrical ones drive me crazy, the repetitive areas, the tediousness of making sure things match from one section to another, and that the circle is perfect drawn and mathematically divided.  I lose the will to live just thinking through all that.

But today I made one, and I used the only medium I knew that would allow me to find my way through to the end: stitching.  Not perfectly circular.  Not evenly divided.  Just a bit of stitching in a somewhat circle that says the winter is over, last night's storm was a true spring tantrum, and that maybe a mandala is not such a boring thing after all.

Old dogs and new tricks?


1 comment:

ركن المثالية said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.