Monday, July 13, 2020

Domestic Sketches


Today, in The Time Of COVID-19, I am unashamed in pursuing normalcy through examining commonplace, often overlooked objects.  This slowly-stitched, meditative process is a reminder that there is life after this, that there will be a time when we can all exhale and take tentative steps toward establishing our own "new normal."

These four sketches are stitched on rough linen scraps that have been cobbled together to make a whole.  The challenge was to stitch over the raw-edged seam lines without having any little hiccups in the lines of floss.  The green, natural and blue blocks were a learning process, but when I got to the cup and saucer, my capacity for challenge was exhausted, and I used an intact scrap of linen twill as my background block.











No comments: