Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh. . . . .

I think I have the hang of blogging. Thanks to Cynthia's exceptional tutoring, I have been able to get back into this blog site and even import posts from the one I started (in frustration) on another site, WordPress. What a difference a little education makes!



I've been stitching on Journal pages these past two weeks. Not steadily. I don't think I could produce a journal page on a daily basis, even when I am stitching at a manic pace. These are the results, so far:






It has been so dry here, and near 95˚F for 18 or 20 days, that my garden's need for water must have crept into my dreams. Fortunately, on Monday night (past 10 pm!) we had a storm of magnificient proportions, the lightning and thunder going on for more than an hour, and heavy rain pouring over us. The petunias would have been happier for a more lady-like rainfall, but I think We Should Be Very Thankful For What We Have Rather Than Looking The Gift Horse In The Mouth (my mother's admonition creeping in here).






This Monday Journal Page was a lot of experimenting with Knotted Stitches and couching heavy matt cotton thread (DMC Broder #4) while listening to Charles read the paper to me that morning. I was having a lot of fun altering the stitches. I love the texture that multiple lines of couched threads creates. It is especially nicely done in linen, which stands up and refuses to squish down. A Thread of Considerable Opinion, I think. Very vocal.



I will post today's Journal Page when I think through some parts that seem to gape at me with an air of expecting answers. This page would not be pleased to be photographed too soon. And it is lunch time, and I have a scrumptuous chicken salad left over from dinner last evening. . . . So sorry, Charles, you are in Knoxville today. But, I can add avocado chunks to it, since it is only for me!

No comments: