Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Grandma Bragging Again

I had to.  The Adorables are just so . . .  well, adorable!



Note from Wednesday, 5/4:  Remember the pink-and-white-striped sketchbook I made Bethy several weeks ago?  Yesterday afternoon she and I sat together in the studio at one of the work tables, elbow-to-elbow, working in our respective sketchbooks.  In an hour she had filled her sketchbook with drawings, using my colored pencils.  When she was done, she showed me the last page, with a sun shining brightly.  "Would you like to hear the song?"  she asked me, and she turned to the first page and sang me through the entire book!  This is a wonderful example of the creator having an entirely different concept of the use of an item than the recipient of the gift.  And, what a use!

No comments: