Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hunter-Gathering: Garden Containers

Since I can no longer get down and play in the dirt, I must bring the dirt up to me if I am to glory in dirty fingernails and ruined socks, badges of the true gardener.  I am in full swing, now, looking for containers so I may garden on a raised level.  And there is no shortage of interesting containers to be found.

I have an idea of planting sage, an edible salvia, in a tower of stacked pots.  I saw something similar to this idea in a book recently, so I am dragging poor Charles out to take photos of and make notes about pots, and to possibly ferry them to the truck and into the patio and garden area.  What a jewel of a husband!

Pictures to follow!  Wish us luck!

p.m.:  Well, pictures in a book can be very tempting.  Deceiving might be more apt a description.  Finding the pots was not so easy.  This may be a project for another time.

No comments: