Thursday, August 18, 2011

Allergies on the Rise

9:00 a.m.:There has been too much crocheting going on in the studio (and the sunroom, where the sofa is so comfy).  From my (silly) decision to crochet all of the wool out of the studio, there are two bags of finished work waiting to be wrapped for gift-giving during The Holidays.  My body, however, systematically resists an over-dose of wool, and is now in full armor.

My first reaction was to wait until the weather changes and the autumn finally comes (which may not be until early December, at the rate of the temperatures here in the Atlanta area), but that could be a long, long time in coming.  What to do with my hands, how to stay sane until then?

I was really feeling sorry for myself this morning when I read Diana Trout's blog, here, and suddenly realized she offered a solution to the wool /idle hands crisis:  WATERCOLORS!  I put them away two months ago when I embarked on the crocheting safari, but today is to be one of perestroika!  The blue box of paints and clutch of brushes will make there appearance on the drafting table.

She has a lovely plastic pallet for mixing and storing, which is more organized than my usual habit of using a ceramic plate.  Hmmm . . . .  I wonder if watercolors will work on fabric that has been soaked in bubble jet solution?

Time to move out to the laboratory.

More to come!

Note:  6:50 p.m.:  All the while I was painting, mixing blues that drew me into the most enchanting oceans, or greens from grass too lush to dream of cutting— well, all that time, I was thinking about fabric for quilting.  Maybe the watercolors were the path to something else?

Thank you, Diana.  I have several pages of background for my sketchbook, and a postcard with a purple sun and yellow sky.  Not a bad day!

Oh, and my sinuses are improved.



1 comment:

RagJó said...

Oh my goodness,! it has been so long since I opened the blog pages! So good to see you here working and inspiring as always.
Much love to you dear old friend, take care and keep stitching! (and all that other creative stuff ;-)
Rags