Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fashion In The Studio!



These are my feet in my Studio Slippers.  The slippers were a gift from my very thoughtful daughter-in-law, Julie, from Christmas past.  The toes have the most wonderful felted flowers on them— they make me smile each time I step into them!  After the comfort and sheer fun of these felted slippers, it would make no sense at all to go into my fiber studio and wear common, every-day shoes!

Of course, the shoes are only part of the fun.  Another component of my high-fashion aesthetic is my Studio Apron.  This I wear for cover-up when I'm doing really messy things.  Painting fabric, most particularly.  I bought the plain canvas apron years ago, when I was still teaching at the Campbell Folk School, and every year I added some embroidery, painting, or beading to it.  The Studio Apron became a part of the entire Folk School experience for me.



You might abstract from these photos that my dress code is a little off-the-wall.  You would be absolutely correct.

No comments: