Thursday, November 8, 2012

Scattered

I came across this word today, which reminded me of my mother's voice saying, "If the shoe fits, wear it."  I'm wearing it, Mother.  Both feet, in fact.

This little bit of thinking out loud came about when I looked to see these projects laid out on my stitchery work table:

  • a) Buttonhole stitches completely covering a scrim and wool batting sandwich with occasional breaks to machine felts portion of it;  
  • b) pockets being stitched up from older work that never made it to the finish line for one reason or another ;  
  • c) small stitch experiments on ATC-sized fabric sandwiches;  
  • d) an ongoing search for a particular textured fabric from a drawer of small scraps (I was sooooo sure I put it here, somewhere);  and, 
  • e) a pocket sketchbook and Micron pen to make notes on things that might be further explored at another time.


I move between the projects.  When I am tired of one, I pop on to the next.  It could also be Adult Onset Attention Deficit.  I wonder if Medicare covers treatment for such a diagnosis?

Scattered.  The shoes fit embarrassingly well.

No comments: