Saturday, September 4, 2010

Moving Day (again)

How can moving from one place to another take so long, be so arduous? Maybe, because this Event has gone on for two years, now, it seems much more a big hairy monster than it really is. I feel as if I've been in battle with a Large Blob with several heads and more feet and tails than I can count, and when I free myself from teeth in one place, the claws have me in another. Moving is an overwhelming experience when a cane is your constant companion.

Cynthia, Ryan, and Lynn came Friday morning to our rescue and got the last of the furniture on the truck, and shortly after we arrived home, our young yard man and his assistant (Warren and Josh) came to work on the lawn and, instead, emptied the truck. Moving that loom was a job and a half! But, now there is an opportunity to have a loom set up and actually working, since this one is basically together, just need to attach the treadles and a back beam (I'm being overly-simplistic here). There is a minor problem with hanging the harnesses that I need to overcome, and cleaning it will be a full day's work. Poor thing has been neglected all the time we were in the Raccoon Valley area. My family has been alerted to the fact that we're back to scarves and table runners for all Christmases, Birthdays, and charity sales for the next few years. After that, I will have (hopefully) consumed all materials in the huge yarn cabinet and will be free to purchase new weaving yarns or to retire, permanently.

The house, of course, is suffering from the newest wave of boxes and furniture. Life is too unpredictable to rid oneself of those chairs and tables that give comfort, however, so I am committed to living with everything for the next six months or so before I call Good Will for pick-up service.

Next week we will take out the last odds and ends, clean the bathrooms, and on Thursday will leave the house for the last time. I am too tired to think of that as either good or bad at present.

No comments: