Saturday, September 18, 2010

Test Driving the Walker

Charles, who must be out and about every day (it's a genetic trait; I should write about the adventures of his father and grandfather some time), proffered a trip to a bookstore and lunch at Sweet Tomato(e).  So, here I am, ready for the big outing.  I still haven't figured out how to attach a tote to the walker and make it look attractive.  That will be next week's little project.  And I probably need to do something about the crocs.  Tim Gunn calls them "hooves."


The book store, a lovely gently-read shop, had a nice selection of Agatha Christies, so I bought several for reading in the next months.  I am stockpiling good books against the more stationary times to come.

At lunch, would you believe there was another lady with a walker?  Hers was the race track model, quite unlike my more modest one.  But she had such a great attitude about her own mobility that I don't feel so badly for myself, now.  After all, I am out and about, the day is a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10, and there is always the studio for playing.

No comments: