Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Another Little House For The Neighborhood!

This little house was "built" several years ago, and I only re-discovered it yesterday in a box in the studio (I will ever be sorting and discovering, I have come to believe).  The house was created separately of layers of wool and cotton prints and later  appliquéd to pieces of linen and silk that were laid over a thin cotton batt.  The patio and garden around it are stitched in silk, a softly variegated floss.  I imagine the family living here to be fun-loving, on-the-go folks who are not as concerned with housework as enjoying travel, the sort who maintain a beautiful garden while the house goes a bit seedy . . .


It's really starting to be an interesting neighborhood, isn't it?  Imagine a tea party with all these assorted neighbors walking over to visit!

1 comment:

Cynthia Patrick said...

ohhh, I love the stitching on the patio...and the fact that they aren't especially concerned with housework! ;)