Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Book In A Hurry

When you have two grandchildren, it is difficult to do something for one without providing something of equal emotional value for the other as well.  I think that falls under the old "Even Stephen" rule of my childhood.

So when Charles bought Hot Wheels for Ethan, we needed something that Bethany would also love to play with.  As she cannot resist stickers and tattoos, I am always on the look-out for these.  I had a little book of stickers I'd bought last year, putting it up to wait for the Perfect Moment to give it to her.  But the "Lucky Lady Bug" stickers didn't hold its own against seven new Hot Wheels, so I went into the studio last evening and made her a book where she could draw and add the lady bugs to the pages.   Today, the Perfect Moment seems to have arrived.

The book cover is made from a cotton print and a strip of very sweet pink and white swan-themed ribbon (thank you, Jill!).  The inside cover is pink and white polka-dots.  Light weight buckram and some soft acrylic fabric line and stiffen the cover, and zig-zagging finishes off the edges.  Our combined efforts:


Note:  Hmmm . . . I see that Photo Booth isn't awake yet, that he needs to flip the photo so things read properly, left to right.  One of us, the Ap or myself, has a flat learning curve.

These wait for the Adorables when Charles picks the up from nursery school today-- along with oat cakes and fruit juice.  Now, isn't that a nice way to start a visit with grandparents?

No comments: