Monday, October 11, 2010

Sew Much To Do!


My little scrap bowl is the measure of how busy things have been in the studio.  With all the kitchen work going on, and the boxes of kitchen gear sitting everywhere, it seems so much nicer to go to the studio and play.  Not that the studio is a model of neatness, but there is such a difference between a cluttered house and a creatively cluttered studio.  Besides, in a week or two, I won't have an excuse to avoid de-cluttering the house, and I'll spend several agonizing days without the comfort of my needle and thread (think: Linus without his blue blanket, and you'll have a perfect portrait of my mental state).

Charles moved some things in the studio for me yesterday afternoon so that my coming and going will be less an Event than a simple Occurrence.  When I move into left-brain mode, I am a marvel!  I have often wished I had a business where I could come into a home, office, or studio and bring my crew of smiling and eager workers and be given carte blanche to organize everything.  This is a woman's dream job-- people who actually do as they are told and move things until they are in exactly the right spot, and they don't argue, whine, or talk back when they're told to do something!!!  Now, that said, I can leave my dream world and come back to reality, where I have devised all sorts of ways to slide furniture into place by using old cotton throw rugs, and place boxes on office-type wheeled chairs to ferry them from place to place.  Where are those smiling and eager workers?

No comments: